Click here to listen to this article!
Due to the decrease of coronavirus numbers in the Thomasville City Schools District, the policy on campuses has been changed to ‘Mask Optional,” said Garth Moss, Thomasville city school superintendent.
He spoke at the monthly meeting Feb. 22 of the Thomasville City Board of Education in the Thomasville High School Library.
Avery Ford, chief school financial officer, gave the financial report for January 2022. Payroll totaled $901,074.83, and accounts payable totaled $237,910.08.
The board also attended to the following items:
• The board approved two recent overnight field trips: the THS wrestling team Feb. 11 and 12 to the State Sectional Tournament in Montgomery and the wrestling team Feb. 17-19 to the state tournament in Huntsville.
• The board approved an informal bid in the amount of $71,682.00 from Old South Contractors for the reroofing of the Thomasville High School Cafeteria.
• The bus awning at Thomasville Elementary School is scheduled to be replaced next month.
• Update on the TRANE energy project: the majority of control cables have been run at all three campuses, Moss said. The electrical engineering portion of the project is awaiting final approval from the state.
• The Cognia accreditation review of the school system will begin March 6.
The following personnel actions were approved:
Resignations: Karla Eagleston, parent liaison at THS;
Leave requests: Wendy Norton, teacher at TES, on the job injury;
Christy Knight, bus driver, family medical leave;
Peggy Meherg, teacher at THS, family medical leave;
Reassignment in positions: Kaitlin Huffman, bus driver, nine months, to bus driver, nine months and Pre- K Auxiliary Teacher at TES.
The next school board meeting will be held at 5 p.m. on March 22 in the THS Library.
Leave a Reply